Re: TC Growth Rate--Reply to Glen's Observations

In a message dated 6/23/1998 5:52:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
gw1944@vermontel.com writes:

<< Rapid Growers: 'Striptease', 'Abba Dabba Do', and 'Whirlwind'.

            Medium Growers: Patriot,Cherry Berry', and

            Slow Growers: 'June', 'Great Expectations', and 'Spilt Milk'

Glen: If you took a "new", small division of each of the plants you name from
a fully mature clump, wouldn't the growth rate be the same? Some hostas, such
as 'Spilt Milk' and 'Great Expectations' are very slow for me, TC or not.

I think your observations are quite valuable---they tend to disprove that TC
plants grow  differently than others.

TY!

Clyde Crockett z5