Re: Color change in hostas & AND SOME RAMBLINGS.....

HI ALL:

JIM HAWES SENT THIS RIGHT BEFORE THE CONVENTION....I THINK......BABY HAS
TURNED MY MIND TO MUSH.......

ANY MORE REPORTS ON THE CONVENTION WOULD BE WELCOMED.....

IT HAS BEEN 100 DEGREES FOR 4 OR 5 DAYS [I THINK THATS 35ISH FOR OUR EUROPEAN
FRIENDS.....].....WHO KNOWS......THIS A.M. ITS ONLY 70ISH, WITH A HIGH OF A
CHILLY 80 TODAY....ITS JUST STARTING TO SPRINKLE NOW......

I THINK OF THINGS TO TELL YOU GUYS [AND I USE THE TERM LOOSELY] EVERY DAY,
WHEN I AM IN THE YARD.....BUT AFTER A DIAPER CHANGE, FEEDING AND BABY GOO
[THATS BABY LOVE]......I HAVE LITTLE OR NO RECOLLECTION OF WHAT TO TELL
YOU......

OH......DAN.....RECALL THOSE FLOWER SCAPES WITH OUT BREAKING OF
DORMANCY.....ON ALL 3 PLANTS IT HAPPENED, I TERMINATED THE SCAPE....AND NOW,
WHAT, ABOUT 6 WEEKS LATER, THE DORMANT BUDS HAVE BROKEN AND 2 OR MORE OF THEM
ARE GOING......

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ALFALFA BINDS SOIL......I STARTED USING FINE COMPOST FOR
POTS......IT SEEMED TO BE WORKING WELL.....SO HAVING A GOOD THING I DECIDED TO
MAKE {?] IT BETTER BY ADDING PERLITE SO WATER WOULD FLOW THRU BETTER......BUT
THEN GETTING CARRIED AWAY ADDED GREEN SAND AND ALFALFA [PERHAPS A
LOT]......NOW THE SOIL SEEM HARDER THAN BEFORE.......THE GREEN SAND WAS A
TRACE AND THE PERLITE IMHO, COULD NOT BIND THE SOIL....SO MAYBE I GOT TOO MUCH
ALFALFA????  WHAT DO YOU THINK......

STUART ASCH & RON LIVINGSTON STOPPED BY.....ONE GETS SO EXCITED ON HAVING
VISITORS....AND THEN WHEN THEY LEAVE, YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR GARDEN WAS NOT
WORTHY.......I TELL YOU ONE THING......THEY NEVER SAW SO MANY FINELY
GROWN......GOLDEN TIARA IN THEIR LIVES....GOD I AM A CARD.....LOL

MY CANADIAN FRIEND & I WERE DISCUSSING THE FACT THAT THE APPLES ARE FALLING
OFF THE TREE......HE SAID I HAVE APPLE RUST.....GUESS WHAT...THE HOSTA UNDER
THEM HAVE RUST SPOTS.....ANOTHER MYSTERY SOLVED.....WHO ELSE HAD THAT
PROBLEM.....ONCE THE DIAGNOSIS WAS MADE, I NOTICED THAT ALL THE CRABAPPLES IN
THE AREA ARE ALSO AFFECTED.....

SO FAR, THANK GOD....I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE BUGS.....HERE IN LIVONIA, THEY HAVE
BEEN SCANT.....I THINK THE WATER IS ABSORBED SO FAST THAT 'SQUEETERS DONT HAVE
TIME TO BREED.......BUT WE DO HAVE A LOT OF FIREFLYS......ANY IDEA AS TO WHAT
THEY EAT????

WELL APPARENTLY I DO HAVE SOME BRAIN LEFT.....LETS GET THE MAIL MOVING A
BIT.....

JIM LETTERS FOLLOW.....HAVE A GREAT DAY IN THE GARDEN.....

KEN

<< Subj:	 Re: Color change in hostas