Re: request for advice---Buying the Top Twenty

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

> (Of course, there are some on the Top Twenty that everyone should grow. But
> out of 3000+ members of the AHS only a small percentage respond to the
> request of listing their favorites.)  That [AHS] list is really not
> representative of what the vast majority of hosta gardeners consider to be
> the best. I think it should be abandoned, actually. It is terribly misleading.
>

> Clyde Crockett z5

The AHA Top Twenty List is just what it is purported to be: the
most-liked plants of those members who respond.  It is nothing more than
that, but that is a lot.  It provides information to both the old and
the new hosta nuts.  The wiser nuts will of course seek to see a mature
plant  --  whether on the list or not  --  before buying the ones they
like best.  Conventions and society garden tours provide opportunities
to see well-grown plants.		Irwin Johnson