"Correctly" Labeled Hostas in the Garden

Hello all you hosta lovers,

I'm making new labels for my hostas and I'd like to hear what everyone wants
to see on labels.  Examples:  just the variety name, genus and variety name,
variety name and year hosta named and by whom, variety with year hosta was
registered and by whom, any awards won, parentage, etc, etc.  I like to see
some info besides just the variety name, but then where do I FIND this info?
Here is an example of what I mean:

I found the following info for Hosta 'Piedmont Gold'  from the following
   Hosta Finder:               82 F.H. Payne
   Diana Grenfell's            Piedmont 1974
   Wade's  96-97 catalog  Piedmont Gardens - 1982
   The Genus Hosta         Piedmont 1974 Stone IRA/1982

So if I want to put down a year and where the plant came from, which would
you use?  Is there an accepted standard for say gardens on the national
tour??  (BTW, I'm very interested in where the hosta come from, how long
they've been around, what the parentage is, etc., if that makes a difference,
and going thru the extra work of finding out this info will help me learn it,
or drive me crazy  :-)

The Hosta Finder says "Hybridizer/Registrant: Names are as listed in the AHS
publication: The Genus Hosta, List of Registered Cultivars, or as credited by
the grower. W. George Schimid's, The Genus Hosta, has been particularly
helpful in assigning credit formany unregistered cultivars.  Peter Ruh and
David Stevenson continur do be helpful in makin corrections.  Unpublished
changes in hosta registrations are not necessarily reflected in this list.
Full responsibility for errors and misconceptions rests with the compiler.  A
year date indicates an officially registerd hosta.  NR indicates that the
cultivar is not registered.":

Thanks for any and all input,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN