Re: longipes Urajiro Hatchijo

>And then to know based on my DNA research that the plant is
>neither a longipes nor a rupifraga but a hybrid!

What kind of DNA research did you use to prove this plant was a
hybrid?  I would be interested in knowing what techniques you use. Do
the seeds from this plant germinate with a cotyledon or a true leaf?
You have yet to provide any pertinent quotes from the book that you
claim supports your view, so how are we to believe your statement that
this hosta is a hybrid just because you say so.

>I hate it, to say it mildly, that again my credibility is questioned.

Ben, your credibility is questioned because you make bold statements
that you expect us to accept without any proof from you.  You still
refuse to provide any proof for your views on hosta cotyledons, so how
are we to accept your lastest claims.  Fill us in on some of the
details you use.  All you say is "based on my DNA research," but that
doesn't say anything.

>I have measured DNA more than a thousand times in Hosta The figures
>are correct within 1-2% So there is no doubt in my mind.

No doubt in your mind about what?

>I cannot convince some of you, no matter what I say.

That is because a lot of what you say and write is based on bad
science and you don't give good proof for what you claim.  You made
some claims about hosta cotyledons, but yet you rfuse to provide any
quotes from the books that you claim supports your view.  If you are
going to make some claims back it up with some data and give us an
idea of the techniques you use.

>But again I only meet distrust.

Ben, you meet distrust because you have written some Hosta Journal
articles that were full of errors based on bad science and then you
made some claims about hosta cotyledons and you claim a book supports
your view, but yet you refuse to quote the pertinent passages.  And
now you make a statement that a certain hosta is a hybrid based on
your "DNA research."  What kind of DNA research?

Joe Halinar