Ran's post about catalog dist.

>When several of us who have lists and/or catalogs, arrived at the hotel,
>we asked where we could put these for distribution.  Each was told we
>could no longer place them on a table.  This is in contridction to a
>long standing policy to actually be encouraged to bring one's catalog. I
>believe someone with a vested intrested, may be trying to controll the
>way all material is presented at any AHS function.
>Ran Lydell

This is weird, Ran!  Didn't I see a table full of plant/hosta catalogs in
one of the vending rooms?  Were people discouraged and yet put them out
anyway or were you not told about that table?

I think that you should borrow a poster easel from the hotel and display
your catalogs there if denied table space. I would definitely be very upset
if I were a nursery and was told that.  That's one of the major items, the

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b