Re: streaked offspring and book on variegated plants

> Yoshi Hirose is the author of the book with a 1000 pictures of
> variegated plants. According to him most streaked plants give
> streaked offspring. I have myself a variegated plantain that gives
> nearly 100% streaked ofspring and the same for a  streaked
> pepperplant. Also a streked Tradescantia I have gives a fair number
> of streaked offspring So it is not uncommon. For those interested,
> a second volume of  Y Hirose book on variegated plants has
> appeared last december. It has many pictures of variegated hosta ,
> all collected in the wild!
> Ben J.M.Zonneveld

 Hi Ben,
      I have his first book and recommend it to anyone who thinks that
hundreds of photos of variegated plants is an interesting way to spend a few
hours. I will buy the second as soon as I find one. Thanks for the answer on
other streaked genera. Do these or others also show, like Hosta, a
propensity to change from a streaked pattern to stable periclinal chimeras?

........Bill Meyer