Nuclear encoded chloroplast genes

Here we go again: lessons in genetics from one who only
WORKED  for  nearly 5 year proffesional with plants but about 50
years as a hobby. Just because all the data like those in
Arabidopis are very confusing for a starter I have translated and
applied them to Hosta.
About a 1000 genes are involved in the operating of a chloroplast
900 of these are encoded in the nucleus THis is for sure new to
you but old hat for anyone working in the field.One of those in the
nucleus changes a chloroplast protein such a way that the
chloroplast becomes yellow ( for details about the protein see
article of K Vaughn). So that is why we get about 50 % yellow
ofspring from a yellow plant ( I did not speak about yellow
CENTERED plants, I know some of these contain a lethal yellow).

Now the publication on Wogon from K Vaughn showing
cytoplasmic inheritance. I have had very intensensive exchange of
letters with him. He clearly stated to me that he never found
another like it and that all Wogons now in culture are nuclear

> Crossing over is common during meiosis when homologous chromosomes
> pair.
Yes and compared with meiotic rec,  mit rec is rare and is often enhanced
by radiation, an experiment I always do with my students.
So again a case were someone reads something and missapplies
it, not hampered by any actual experience with subject.

> >4. its explanation as a causal factor for sports is pure theory, not
> >based upon fact, without proof of any kind.
Everytime I give the example of a green edge in a yellow plant. I
still wait for an alternative explanation.
Look at all the data and explanations for somaclonal variation =

> Ben is a yeast geneticist,
NO, BEN is a general geneticist having worked with fungi yeast
drosophila and plants I have just written two articles about
taxonomy in plants one accepted for Plant Biology How many
articles did you write on this( or any other plant related) subjects?

> Now, if Ben has done any research on mitotic crossing over in hosta I
> wish he would present his results to a peer review scientic journal.
 I cannot publish such an article in a scientific journal as it is not
new to the scientific community although it maybe new for you. It is
just basic genetics apllied to hosta That is why I wrote if for the

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands