Re: MY proof is not yours?

>Why dont you accept my greenedge to a yellow plant as proof?

Because it isn't proof!  It is an example where mitotic recombination
could be a possible explination, but there are other explinations.

>Mit rec gives a very good explanation for the observation

Actually, a better explination is chromosome loss and an even better
explination is transposible elements!

>If someone thinks I am wrong he must offfer an alternative, that is
>the way science works.

Ben, that is NOT the way science works.  If you are going to make a
statmment as fact, then it is up to you to provide the proof or at
least the substantive evidence that supports your view.  There are a
lot of other explinations that are just as good as mitotic
recombination.  Just because mitotic recombination is a POSSIBLE
explination doesn't mean it is the explination.

>> Now, if Ben has done any research on mitotic crossing over in hosta
>>I wish he would present his results to a peer review scientic

>I cannot publish such an article in a scientific journal as it is not
>new to the scientific community although it maybe new for you. It is
>just basic genetics apllied to hosta That is why I wrote if for the

Ben, almost any good example of mitotic recombination in higher plants
IS news!  IF you did have proof that mitotic recombination is
responsible for green egdes on yellow hostas, you wouldn't have any
problem getting it published.  The fact is that you can't get it
published in a peer review scientific journal because you haven't done
any experiments to prove it.  Examples of mitotic recombination in
higher plants are so rare that proof that it occures in hostas would
be an exceptional scientific event.

Joe Halinar