RE: Two Formulas for Hosta Gardening

 Jim Hawes wrote:

>2.. Gifts and donations of plants + sharing pix and ideas with others freely
.......................=Building Up Hosta Based Friendships

...Jim on the 6th I asked a question about "Irradiated Seed" and have to date
received no replies posted or privately. I am VERY new to ANY public forum
concerning Hosta although I have been raising and propagating them for about
18 years now. I have been struggling for 2 days now wondering how to deal
with the embarrassment of asking for help publicly and not receiving any.
Being the careing,feeling,new person that I am and definitely not wanting to
further embarrass myself, make waves or enemies...what to do?
...Then Your posting... I have felt a limited acceptance in what I perceive
to be a very close "community" of very close long term "friends." The "Elite"
of the Hosta world (meant Very respectfully). I am a 53 year old hobbyist
with an intense passion for Hosta and have no aspiration of being a "pro"
and/or competition to anyone. I seems like there is a lot of room out here
for all of us.
... My Problem...I have done exhaustive searches, asked questions on other
Forums, posed a question here. Have I naively stepped into "forbidden"
territory and this information is simply not accessable/discussed by those
that have it or is there a source/resource that I simply not been able to
locate.
...I have been offered a gift of 25 seeds from a new friend who has
Irradiated them himself. He went through the same process as I have and
decided to simply experiment with 3 batches (exposure time/intensity) to
fulfill his desire to "work" in this area.
...Jim this problem is truly frustrating and gnawing at me. Is no one sharing
this information?
Towle