Has anyone had personal experience with the subject slug remedy?  Does it
really work? How often does it need to be reapplied (Gardens Alive recs
every two weeks)? Do you eventually reduce your slug population to the
point where it is no longer needed, or is it simply a deterrant?

I've used the midnight/flashlight/sharp knife/salt/ammonia thing with some
success on the larger slugs, but last year I was plagued with tiny little
black ones that appeared in great number and could take a fair sized hosta
or newly emerging Trycirtus to the ground in no time flat.

Thanks, and apologies for the cross posting.