Re: How About a Treat!

...Hello Bill. I agree with every word you have written, I also agree with
Andrew. Please allow me to offer an overview? I believe it defines the
essence of a "Partnership."
  On this "Table" we call a nursery, a garden, a research center/lab, we
collectively enjoy the results of laborious efforts and miracles. I bow to
all those that preceded me and join me today the Meyers, Leitzows, Hawes,
Halinars, Sherwoods and Horowitzs in enjoying the "feast" before us. I enjoy
considering it a table of "Thanksgiving" with a "Pot luck" "bring your own
dish" atmosphere. With all the savory dishes, new recipes, old favorites,
traditional delicious passed down by all the Grandmothers that preceded us to
enjoy together. I can't imagine what this "feast" would be like without the
spice of genetic intrigue, phenomenon of Tetraploidy and Photoperiodism, the
untapped flavors of Tissue Culture, mysterious taste of mutation and laws of
inheritance and many side dishes of Exception (to the rule of science).
  Many native Americans and Canadians believe that "The Grandfathers" are
always with us and heat rocks (The Grandfathers) until they glow red to use
in the "SweatLodge." They talk to and listen to "The Grandfathers" to learn
their wisdom. My point. My Hosta speak volumes to me. In my entire lifetime I
will not discover the "Mystery" my Hosta hold for me. My children may not
eater, although 10 yo Jonathan Andrew is working hard at it. A species Hosta
(untouched) and the most complicated genetically engineered introduction hold
the same mystery, and I believe that neither you nor I nor anyone else
brought ALL this to the "FEAST"