white tissue

<Tissue composed of white-colored cells is a more common
<occurrence in Hosta than in any other Genus, with hundreds of
<examples to point to. Why then would such a high percentage of
t<hose caused by mitotic recombination fail, given that the green
ti<ssue produced by the same event thrives?

Because white tissue is always dependent on food on green tissue

<If the white tissue produced by this event dies, meaning that it wa
<generated then it expired, why would we not see an area of
<necrotic tissue between the new green tissue and the old gold
t<issue
Because it happens in the meristem where each layer probably
has only a few cells so a dead cell would not n be noticed

 <As the existence of twin spots is accepted, there should also be
<some evidence of plants sporting from all-gold to green-edged,-
<whites. I have not seen one of these.

I have not checked in my booklet but there are white edged yellows

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands