Re: Fw: Sports--Help us

In a message dated 3/21/01 9:31:15 PM, Hostanut@Bellsouth.net writes:

<< Tim,

>>Very quickly Dan - some of my data-isms! This should produce a rare old

discussion me thinks.

Not being privy to those rare old discussions, I have some discrepancies on

some of the hostas you show as sports of Hyacinthina.

Counter Point - H. Francee derivative.............

Fancy Francee- H. Francee Sport.............

Fr >>

May I suggest that you get "Hosta Sports" from species and cultivars. by Ben.
J. M. Zonneveld, printed in 1998.

He takes the Fortulnei Hyacinthina Group from  Hyacinthina-Gold Standard to
Hyacinthina -Francee family members plus all the others in the family.     I
bought my book direct from Ben several years ago. He lists some 46 members of
the family.  There have been new members to the family since his book was

Mike Lemke