Re: hycinthina and Ben's Booklet

In a message dated 3/23/01 3:19:01 PM Central Standard Time,
charlie@charliecheese.demon.co.uk writes:

Re: hycinthina and Ben's Booklet

Mr Hawes,
I, for one, do NOT feel you should publish on hosta-open.
This whole discussion appears to have been engineered and manipulated
to denigrate Mr Zonneveld rather than constructively and politely
point out your differences with him. I have learned little from this
discussion except that you - and Mr Lanier - despise him and wish to
express that as often as you can.
Yours respectfully

...Charlie, msbucky what Forum have you been reading. I believe that DR.
Zonnenveld has denigrated himself or have you been reading at all? Have you
had a preconceived idea as to what the issues are here? Jim Hawes states it
perfectly when he says "True Hosta History." It is all in print for the Hosta
World to judge, the injustice has already been perpetrated (two years ago)
and it continues today.
  I feel quite the opposite. I would have less respect for Mr. Hawes if he
DID NOT "engineer" and "manipulate" representing his case in the most
appropriate way at his disposal. Why shouldn't he? How much more
"constructive" and "polite" would you have him be? If someone stole your work
and claimed it as their own to profit from, would you have the right to make
a case for yourself? He has encouraged DR. Z to "cook his own goose" (my dear
Grandmother used to say), and he has. Ego usually does.
  I have just received (yesterday and today) a copy of the ten part, 23
page, saga of the "Battle of the Titans" and copies of the "works" in
question. Charlie and msbucky if you choose to read the "story" there is only
one conclusion you can draw from it. There is not even any room for question,
it is blatantly obvious to any reader what took place. I don't doubt that DR.
Zonnenveld is a nice man but that does not negate his behavior. Jim Hawes,
and others, have been grievously wronged and there is no other way to see it.
 Charlie and msbucky you must be incredibly knowledgeable and experienced to
state that you have learned nothing from the discussion. At my age it is an
absolute JOY to be a witness in a public forum such as this to the power of
Truth and Honorable Men

 I would encourage anyone interested to ask for a copy as it is "True Hosta
History" and the "sordid affair........of Bens plagiaristic adventurism" (Jim
Hawes), makes for dynamic and entertaining (forgive me Jim but it is such
blatant and bold egotism) reading. The story will be with us through the
anals of time weather we enjoy the taste of it or not.

 Jim Towle