Re: Tetraploids in Hosta

In a message dated 3/23/01 9:28:47 PM Central Standard Time, halinar@open.org

Re: Tetraploids in Hosta

Joe in other posts I notice information about larger pollen grains found
(among other characteristics) in tetras (Daylilies I believe). The
information being attributed to Lois Girton. Does this hold true for Hosta?
If so a 10X or so scope in the hands of Collectors like myself could aid
dramatically in hybridizing tetras. True???

                                                                Jim Towle