Re: Last Response?

zonneveld wrote:

> As geneticist I was interested in the descent of sports MY
> conclusions are offered to the benefit of everyone in my
> publications both in the journal and in scientific literature.

Ben, your theories may be correct. The issue is you are presenting your
conclusions as fact. If you were presenting your conclusions as theory, it
would probably be more accepted, with the need for further study to prove
it to be fact. I don't remember reading a letter from Vaughn, but I did
read the one from Marcotrigiano that you posted. The way I read it, he
supported that your theory "may" be correct.

Nobody is looking for a lynching. Most, I believe would like to see facts
that support your theory. Now, that would be a milestone. From what I see,
you have few to offer the challengers. These "challengers" appear to also
be well versed in the subject of "Hosta Sports". They appear to have a
scientific background, and I am sure a combined 50 years+ experience with
Hosta. I don't know if that means anything to you, it does to me.  You are
not making believer's here. The challengers are placed among the few in
this topic that can knowledgably question your study. The challengers have
theory of there own. What is different in their theory is "the need for
further study to attain more facts".

It would be a grand event if you became a member of this challenging team,
shared knowledge to truely figure this sport thing out. I don't believe it
will ever happen. You just don't seem to be the team player type. I really
hate to close this with a comment so negative, so lets try a couple of
cliche's that come to mind.

"You can fool some of the people some of the time....."

"if you can't dazzle them with diamonds, baffle them with bullshxt"

Ray