Southern Freeze (Was:RE: All right You Chanuks!!!!)

I sometimes wish I were just a few miles south, closer to you..But this
year I'll stay here in frozen ETN, thank you. My hostas were not nearly as
far out as yours apparently were. Sagae, montana aureomarginata, Obsession
and Gala were all unfurled, the rest up but still tightly rolled up. I have
covered the four above with styrofoam bait buckets the last three nights
(it was 23 here last night) and they seem all right. Some of my Tricyrtis
are history, and the bleeding hearts are no longer in full bloom...

I haven't checked my Hydrangeas..Most had broken bud, but were covered with
blankets. At worst, I'll lose bloom this year.