hosta seed - commercial sources

Just as a matter of interest, my first hosta sowing attempt was with
seed from a very large U.S. company.  I sowed it according to package
directions, and obtained precisely zero germination.

Now, Bill, we're talking about obtaining (possibly) better results
utilizing bottom heat... The interesting thing here, according to said
company, hosta seed should be germinated at 55 degrees f.  I actually
set the flat out on the porch, thinking my plant room would be too warm!
<grin>... No wonder I got no little baby hostas!