frozen hosta

Today I have the joy of going into the garden to try to clean up after the
23 low nights of last week. 50% of my hosta have been frozen.  Please advise
if I should "pick" through the leaves or just cut the clump off at the
ground.  What about the ones that hadn't unfurled but the tips were frozen
and now are "mushy".............I think I may tag the ones that aren't up
yet, and start trading these early risers!!!!!!  Is there a list of later
emergers for zone 7, VA on the library??????
Thanks for any response to me or post to list.
Judy McCann, zone 7, VA