Re: frozen hosta

In a message dated 3/31/01 9:32:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Hostanut@Bellsouth.net writes:

<< Judy, I'm in the same boat. I have quite the mess out there. I had to come
 inside yesterday after walking through just a small of my garden, I was so
 upset. One big massive mush!

I have not seen a sign of a hosta yet but with the last couple of days their
noses should be peeking through.  A couple of years ago I went through the
garden with a wheel barrow of compost and every hosta that was showing growth
I just put a pile on top of it.  After a couple of days the warm weather
returned and I used a hose to wash away the compost.  With hundreds of hostas
it might not be the best idea but you can save a few of your favorites.  I
didn't seem to hurt that I left the compost on for a day or two either.  N.