Polyploids?

Just a few answers It is not very relevant to say that hosta might be
original polyploids Nearly all genera are originally. However anyone
who has done some controlled crosses in hosta like I did with
white flower color and blue and yellow leaf color knows that they
now behave as perfect diploids.The fact that not all populations are
swamped by hybrids is simple apart from geographical separation:
Nearly all hybrids between species have a lowered fertility. I did not
based my conclusions on DNA content and pollen alone. I did grow
all plants mentioned in our article for several years in the garden
and did take all relevant morphological characters in consideration
too. Lastly It is outright misleading to say that my data are not
correct by starting with false suppositions like  that Hosta range
from 28 to 32 pg (should be from 17.2 to 26.6 pg, excluding
polyploids) and  that the figures give are  +/-  5%. Why not read
something first before giving any comment ?.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands