Genetically Disillusioned

  • Subject: Genetically Disillusioned
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 06:07:01 -0500 (EST)

Yesterday I discovered that fish genes were now put into the genetic code
of some strawberries. No, I am not kiddding. Maybe all of you already know
this..it was news to me. My indignation is not moral, but I will never be
sure of the taste of a strawberry again.I am now picturing pieces of cod
and  and scrod on biscuits with whipped cream. I also understand  spinach
genes ( I think it was spinach) are now being put into a pig.

I can only wonder how long before hosta genes make their way into our lives
in a more intimate way.

vox audita perit litera scripta manet....a good caveat for the dangers of e-mail
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156