Re: Thunderbolt

  • Subject: Re: Thunderbolt
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:07:57 EST

njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

<< For one thing it gives viable but very pale yellow-white seedlings. For
another, no streaked form (or the reverse margin form) has appeared despite
very large numbers being propagated by TC. GE really seems to be an oddity. >>

You know Bill, I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I elected
to not go to hosta college.  It is an hour and a half up the road from me and
.............well we will see.  At least I won't be spending hundreds of
$$$$$on more hostas.

I wish I wrote things down, but when I do I usually lose it.  Seems that I
have not had much success with getting GE to germinate.  I have saved seeds
from pods that were streaked and cream colored and am sure that nothing
germinated.  The seeds looked viable with nice plump bumps on them.  So if
you do have seedlings watch them and see what happens.  Be interesting to
find out.  N.