Re: Thunderbolt

  • Subject: Re: Thunderbolt
  • From: njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:57:07 -0500

Hi Narda,
         I've had them germinate some years but not others. I don't
understand why that happens but it does with some plants. Sometimes every
one came up, sometimes only a few, sometimes none at all. The yellow-white
ones are interesting, but grow so slowly that they wouldn't cut it as garden
plants, really. I saved a few and watched them outside, but I either tossed
them or they died, I don't remember which. They were so pale I didn't think
they would even grow.
         I've been crossing GE with other plants trying to get more vigor
into them, but have hit some batches the last two years that didn't come up.
If you want to try them, just keep trying. They'll come up one year.

............Bill Meyer