Re:H.'June',H.'Uguis'

  • Subject: Re:H.'June',H.'Uguis'
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:02:09 -0500 (EST)

Bill wrote:
>H>very likely not look like 'June', because the color of the center on 'June'
>is very unusual, as is the center color on 'Great Expectations'. One other
>'Halcyon' sport with a light center is 'Paradise Joyce' (Fransen), but I.....

Bill you have mention the uniqueness of the color in these plants several
times. I would like to add a comment to this. The color that many of us
like so much in 'June' is as appealing as it is (I think), because of the
contrast with the surrounding colors in the leaf. It is almost impossible
to see color in the garden with any degree of isolation...every color plays
its part in how we see the colors around it. There is a single-color-hosta
which I have found unique in the hosta world, of course it could be the
setting or a hundred other variables, but the color H. 'Uguis' is very
special , especially the first month or so.Am wondering if any of you feel
the same way. If you don't you're wrong, but that's ok.

"Do geese see god?" a zen palindrome
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont