Re: Auctions

  • Subject: Re: Auctions
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:12:35 -0500

Hi Chick,
       No one was more amazed by the incredible bidding in the First Look
Auction then we were ourselves. We really think we've turned a corner on the
days of hostas losing value because of tissue culture. People are starting
to realize that there are a lot more hostas than will ever be TCed. It's
important to see that we're getting back to some sanity and people can still
have little nurseries (and auctions) where there are hostas you can't get
anywhere else. Just like it used to be with places like Savory's and Soules'
and others.

       I personally think the primary reason for such spirited bidding was
the "Uncle Chick Wants You To Donate And Bid In The Auction" poster. It was
what made me donate 7 plants. Sorry about your bid for the presidency. Maybe
next time.
                                            .......Bill Meyer, First Look
Auction Slave