Re: Seedlings & other theories

Ken,
Between you and Ron Livingston I am getting some great information more than
I expected.  I also have a 4 shelf stand that I built, using 40 watt bulbs.
My plants are not in the basement but I do have foil in the back against the
wall and clear plastic in the front without vents.  I have not transplanted any
plants yet, a few are crowded. The soil is about 2" deep, maybe its time to
transplant and like you say abuse the plants to stimulate them. As I have not
transplanted any yet.  They are not really crowded, where leaves are completely
shadowing each other, many are touching.

Nice photo of your plant stand and hostas. You are right, lots of plants, 6-7
months growth and they are large. I am a member of the AHS, hav been for about
5 years. I am in Crossville, TN - - centrally located between Knoxville and
Nashville, TN. I was not able to attend the hosta college, I really wanted
to but
my work kept me traveling. My wife and I are planning to attend but it also
depends
on work.

I have two unique plants, can't remember whether it was from last year or the
year before. They are very similar to Evelyn MCCafferty but with a line around
the edge of the leaves but not all leaves -  that is chartreuse color.

I really appreciate all the help, I know I have lots of questions.

Michael

Michael Laico
Crossville, TN