Gold Standard streaking??

Hi folks,

I'm just about sure this has been discussed before, but have some of you seen
your Gold Standard send up a very streaked division from time to time?  I saw
a gallon pot of this plant at the local hardware store and one of the 4 or 5
divisions in it has the prettiest streaky leaves....so I bought it with
intentions of separating the streaky one from the rest.  Can I expect that
variegation to last the rest of the growing season?  or will I lose it
entirely when I shock it by dividing it at this time?  Sorry if this has been
talked about too many times already!

Thanks in advance,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN