(fwd) Re: Gardening alert for animals

On Sunday morning I was gardening in my front yard.  My TTs were there
on tie-out cables.  I wasn't using fertilizer, but was watering &
planting some plants which had come from the nursery with white
granules etc sprinkled on top.  My doggers drank from these pots.
Couldn't have been more than a few tesaspoons worth.  I didn't think
anything about it at the time -- now, after the scare of my life (&
$$$ later).......

I'm so careful & use only organic materials.  You just never know.
Fortunately & thank god & allah & whomever, my severely ill one has
his tail up today & has even wagged it a few times!  Thanks also to
the wonderful treatment from our vet!!!!!

To skip back, gardening was on Sunday.  Monday at about 1:30 am, my
older dog started vomiting; just bile.  About 10 am he had a severely
bloody whatever, instead of a stool!  This whole time he was
salivating/drooling terribly.  We raced off to the vet who first
tested for parvo.  Negative.  Then we came into the clinic.  Sammy's
symptoms showed no signs of an infection.  His heartrate was slower;
consistent with poisoning.  We'll never know what really happened, but
the vet treated him for the fert. poisoning & Sammy is his old self!
What a horrible day Monday was!  Tuesday, Magic started vomiting over
& over.  Off to the vets.  No other symptoms, but she was treated as
Sammy had been, tho not quite as aggressively.

One of Sammy's pancreatic enzymes is slightly elevated; somehow
connected.  Will have blood retested at end of week.

In short, this is such an acute danger that I am posting it to all my
dog & my gardening lists!  Please please be 1000% careful!  (100% just
won't do it!)

( Sorry for the format of the original.)