Re: H. Elegans / stunted look

In a message dated 05/16/2000 7:47:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
mike.groothuis@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Let me guess... the color is terrible, the veins are much closer
 together, there is a rough texture to the leaves, and the vigor of the plant
 is significantly reduced or gone. Am I right? ........ have seen it at 4
other nurseries this year alone. It seems to be most apparent on hostas with
thicker leaves, especially the sieboldianas, but not exclusively to those
varieties. I've seen it on plants in the ground as well as in pots. It
doesn't seem to matter. A lot of mine that are showing signs also had it last
year. >>

Did the plants last year grow out of it or keep that look all season.  I
believe this has happened to my Blue Angel and Hadspen Blue.  These two
plants and individual leaves are significantly smaller then last year.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5