Re: H. Elegans / stunted look

'Blue Angel'.....I'm not suprised. I have seen it most in that plant. 3 different
places now. The plants that did it last year weren't around long enough for me to
tell if they grew out of it. I ripped them out and replaced them all with new
ones. Even the new ones look bad this year. Clyde suggested lack of water and
tree roots. I don't think so. How does it explain the ones I've seen in pots in a
greenhouse that are fertilized regularly? I have not heard of a hosta completely
growing out of it either.

Mike Groothuis
Niles, MI