Re: Crown Rot

I can't claim to be an expert on crown rot since my experience is just

Last year I had it directly after the drought ended. The cause I
determined was from excessive mulch. What caused yours is
inconsiquential(did I spell that right?) to what will save the plants. I
dug mine and washed and removed all damage on the plant. Then dunked
them in a Benomyl solution. Although setback severely, all but one plant
survived and that one was a poor division with little root.

I did a bleach solution in the holes. New plants are in the areas that I
had problems, they are growing fine. This spring I turned most of my
mulch under and there definately isn't any against the crowns.

and so ends my story