Re: What would you pay for an ideal garden label?

  • Subject: Re: What would you pay for an ideal garden label?
  • From: Stacy Holtzman <sholtzma@bio.indiana.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 08:53:51 -0500

Title: Re: What would you pay for an ideal garden label?
We are going to make about 500 labels.  We can buy the copper and get it cut by a local metal shop (we do a lot of business with them anyway so we can get a pretty good deal) and we also do business with a trophy shop in town that has a special laser which you just set the object in, tell the computer what you want to burn, and it burns it on there just like printing.  It’s really nice.  The labels will be rectangles with a hole cut out, and then we will use a copper line as a stake and loop the label on the copper stake.  Hopefully this will be a permanent way to keep markers in the garden, and should look really nice when done.
Stacy