Re: Hostas Magazine

Andrew wrote:
Sure, it had a little more of a folksy feel that the current AHS Journal, but maybe this is part of the niche that it can fill.

I'm glad you spoke up with your different perspective, because I confess, I was one of those that thought the magazine wasn't worth my $25 when I got the 1st issue.  The "Hosta Person of the Month" is probably my favorite column in the magazine so far.   This month I  enjoyed reading about Olga Petryszyn and last month reading about our own Bevie Schmidt.   I never thought about how a magazine can grow, as you mentioned the AHS Journal did.   I do hope it grows to more than just 20 pages, though.  So thanks to you, Andrew, I am now looking at the Hosta Magazine in a different light because I think you're right when you say it has a folksy feel to it.  I like that, which in no way means I like the AHS Journal any less....kind of like when a new baby is born, we don't love our older children any less!

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a