Re: [hostapix] dead King Snake I believe- I hate to see t

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] dead King Snake I believe- I hate to see t
  • From: LemkeIowa@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 11:11:10 EDT

In a message dated 5/4/01 4:02:19 PM, Narda A writes:

<< In a message dated 5/4/01 4:26:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LemkeIowa
writes:

<< Cheers, to good OLE Narda

OLE!!!!!????????? >>

G. O. N.     NARDA

Many of us have listened to radio news for many years.  Do you remember Paul
Harvey's newscast when he would say "And now for the rest of the story. This
story begins some 50 to 55 years ago in a small town in Northern Iowa.  On
Sunday afternoons, The Uncle Mike would take the six or so nieces and nephews
to the local cafe for treats of ice cream, etc. The cafe owner soon taught
them that the magic words were. 'Good OLE Uncle Mike.'  He took great delight
in asking them the 'Magic Question' for he knew I would pick up the bill come
Monday Morning stop for coffee.  For not over 50 cents a week I was their
hero.  Now today, some 50 years later I receive regular and E-mail addressed
to G.O.U.M. or Good OLE Uncle Mike from my nephew in Bay City, Michigan.
They all remember the good OLE days of free ice cream, etc.  Paul Harvey
would always end his newscast with:::GOOD  DAY

So you see Narda,  Cheers, to good OLE Narda is really a term of endearment.

G.O.U.M.    alias Good OLE Uncle Mike

AKA   Marvin G.

Mike

Lemkeiowa