Re: Cherry Berry

  • Subject: Re: Cherry Berry
  • From: Andrew Lietzow <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:50:01 -0500

Anne Kolaczyk wrote:
RE:>> I found a teeny tiny little leaf in the spot I planted my first Cherry Berry

Some plants that I have been tempted to give up on (over-wintered in containers) I was ready to give up on ever emerging, but if they had any signs of life, I repotted them in a nice pot and said a little prayer over their sorry looking apical meristems, crossing my fingers to boot.  Lo and behold, there have been signs of life in lots of pots that I would have given up on them for dead.  The Hosta is a tough plant and loves to grow, grow, grow.  Can't say that I'm thrilled about the prospects of several Cherry Berry's that I have, but I won't know for a while yet.  I DO know that I'll have some Marachino Cherry where I once thought I had Cherry Berry, but then I'm learning that some of that is to be expected.

It's that "sorting out" thing... that Hostas love to do.

Hosta la Vista!

P.S. Whatever happened to your friend Polly from near me?

Andrew C. Lietzow, Hacker - The ACL Group, Inc.
..Also #1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com ...
...1250-41st St Des Moines, IA 50311-2516 ......
....515-274-0300 V/F 515-238-6558 Cell .....