Re: Some Grow---Some Don't

  • Subject: Re: Some Grow---Some Don't
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 13:37:49 EDT

Clyde, Bill, Ray, others:
you may have overlooked another consideration when a plant starts to die back over winters; the heritage of the plant. Generally, a large albeit not inclusive statement, if your division came from a mature 5-6+ year old plant to start, it will have outgrown any immaturity issues due to propagation techniques.

If the plant you have originated from tissue culture ( and what isn't today, unless you know for sure) the plant will continue to show some of the tc immaturity growth characteristics until it finally decides: to live or to die. Blue Angel, Summer Music all have been problems for me even after dividing them once or twice.

I have tried to figure this out - only a few tc are immune, Guacamole for example.
Food for thought?