Burying pots in the ground

  • Subject: Burying pots in the ground
  • From: "Gerry/Bob O'Neill" <eoneill@attglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 18:19:12 -0400

Those of you who plant your hostas in pots and then sink them in the
ground, do you use soil, or soilless mix?

I have two 5-yr-old Great Expectations, both purchased from the same source
and planted maybe a foot and a half apart. One is doing great, the other
one not living up to my expectations. One of my local hosta nurserymen said
GE likes its roots confined, and I should try potting it, then sinking the
pot in the ground. Comments?

Gerry