-----Original Message-----
From: Roy M. Dales [mailto:roymdales@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 4:49 PM
To: Hosta-Open (E-mail); PHOENIX_HOSTA_ROBIN (E-mail)

Northern Mist

I bought this plant about five years ago.  The vendor warned me at the
time
that it "had a tendency to revert".

It was nice the first year and then reverted, as I was warned, but
continued  grow.  Last year I gave up on the plant, so I moved it back
into
the woods.

Guess what.  It now looks just like its old self, blue around the edges
with a lot of misting in the middle.

Any theories or explanations out there?  It did go to a spot with less
sun,
and my guess would be that the soil was probably a little better in the
new
location.

Has anyone had this happen with other hostas?

Roy Dales
DataShare
830 Lake Rd
Milton, VT 05468-3449