Re: Piedmont Gold sports (was Registration)

  • Subject: Re: Piedmont Gold sports (was Registration)
  • From: Robydub@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 16:57:27 EDT

Chick and Bill, I've been following your discussion with sharp interest.  You
see, I've been keeping an eye on a green center/gold edged 'Piedmont Gold'
sport since '92.

Is it similar to 'Satisfaction' and 'Tyler's Treasure'?  Yep.  But is it
identical?  Beats me.  And it's totally impractical to purchase each to grow
side by side for another 8-10 years to find out.

From what Bill is saying, if I name, register and market it, I'm simply
trying to pull the wool over the public's eye by trying to convince them this
is something "new"...a thought that could easily be found offensive.  (Bill,
I'm not picking on you or your thoughts, I just don't know how you can second
guess the intentions behind my actions)  Are you suggesting I toss the plant
onto the compost pile?  Sorry, I don't see that happening.  Or are you
suggesting I name it 'Satisfaction' or 'Tyler's Treasure' without being
absolutely certain it's identical?  To do that would be rather unethical and
has the potential of only adding more confusion down the road.  But if so,
which would I name it?   Perhaps I could name a third of them 'Satisfaction',
another third 'Tyler's Treasure', and the last third 'Tyler's Satisfaction'.
Naa, there would be no treasure to find satisfaction with in that option

Instead, I think I'll come up with my own name, register it, and yes, then
maybe even market it...and hope no one thinks I'm trying to pull a fast one.