Error in the Journal regarding The Hosta Adventure.

  • Subject: Error in the Journal regarding The Hosta Adventure.
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:31:33 EDT

"Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray."  Nothing
could be closer to the truth then two advertisements in The Hosta Journal
which, I have been informed some are starting to receive.  There have been 4
sightings in 4 different states!

While getting the Journal ready to go to printer we prepared advertisements
with the estimated prices for The Hosta Adventure based upon initial cost
estimates.  By the time we had the final estimates the Journal was already in
printing and thus there is old information in the Journal (e.g., page 8, "The
Hosta Adventure" advertisement and page 104 under "Other Titles") that was
based upon different costs at each level than what we actually achieved for
the booklets.  Since the Journal was sent to the printer before this decision
was made the advertisements in this Journal were not able to reflect the
final, actual costs.

The good news is the price we are now charging is lower than advertised in
the Journal.  Below are the actual costs that are being charged.  I hope that
we can get this information out to as many people as possible as some people
may send in larger checks than they should and may need to have refunds in
some way.

The prices quoted are for delivery to US locations.  For foreign delivery at
all quantity ranges contact Steve Greene, 36 Elaine Rd., Sudbury, MA 01776,
or at SHGreene@aol.com for the cost of shipping to that foreign location.

The correct single copy price is $5.50 including postage
1-99 copies 4.00 per copy mailed UPS
100 - $2.50 per copy mailed UPS
500 - $2.40 per copy mailed UPS
1000 - $2.25 per copy mailed UPS
10,000 - $1.80 per copy plus shipping and packing

Don't laugh we have had one purchaser at 10,000 copies!

Carol, could you pass this along to the NLE?  Thanks!

Kevin P. Walek