Re: Gunther's Prize

  • Subject: Re: Gunther's Prize
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 07:38:45 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 10:56 PM
Subject: Gunther's Prize
Gunthers Prize was indeed brought  to the Indianapolis convention by Bob S.  Two groups soon formed to bid on it.  Jim Hawes and I were part of a group bidding for it.  A few individuals tried at first, and then it was just our group, and Gunthers bidding ever higher.  BUT   -- Gunther wanted it -- Really WANTED IT !   We got out bid.  Other wise it might have been known as "Jims Prize"
Thanks
Ran
**********************

HI everyone
Chris Wilhoite wrote and reminded me that Gunther's Prize came from the
Indy Hosta Convention in 1997 from Bob Solberg. He couldn't recall
completely but thinks there was a private auction held and the highest
bidder got the plant plus got to name it. I don't remember the details
either but remember hearing about it when it happened. Chris also thinks
it should make a good breeder.
--
Bye
Bob             Bob Axmear  208 2nd St Ne  Waukon, Ia 52172