bind weed or morning glory ruins two Hostas

  • Subject: bind weed or morning glory ruins two Hostas
  • From: BugGirlX@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 09:12:29 EDT

I have a problem with bind weed or morning glory strangling the Hosta roots,
from the other side of the fence. I used round up with a paint brush, but
that only slowed the progress down. I had to dig up the Hostas and the whole
area, and throw away the hostas. The some round up killed one of the Hostas.
I have other areas for Hostas, but this is great location for them. How do
other people handle this problem?   The other side of the fence is not my
property, so I cannot kill them from that side.
Bug Girl