Re: tree roots

  • Subject: Re: tree roots
  • From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@brandonu.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:39:33 -0500

Hi Bob,

Where are you located?  I forgot to put where I live on my last posts
(sorry) and was told that for our zone 2b - 3ish area the pots needed to be
filled to the very top and underground about 2 inches to eliminate water
accumulation and rot in spring.  Having the lip at slightly above ground
level would certainly help in finding the outsides of the pots.  Anybody
knows if this works in cold climates?

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 2b (CDA), Zone 3 (USDA)