From: Hank Zumach [mailto:zumach@execpc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 9:32 AM
To: Hosta Open
Subject: dead hostas???

Hi All--Among all this gloom and doom about the hostas that didn't make it,
let me add this upbeat note.  I have only lost one or two hostas in the 11
winters I have been gardening.  One was in a pot and I'm not sure if there
a second one.  I don't use pots at all anymore and I mulch the hostas (and
other perennials) their first winter.

Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI