Re: Register now for FIRST LOOK...before its too late!

  • Subject: Re: Register now for FIRST LOOK...before its too late!
  • From: DaveJenningsNY@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:55:35 EDT

I just had to write and tell everyone about the most awesome First Prize we
won at last years First Look Conference.  We brought a spectacular floral scape
from one of our 'Tea and Crumpet' plants that was a beautiful whorl of
nothing but bright green and yellow leaves arranged in a tight rosette and entered
it in the Hosta Oddity contest.

The plant we won as a prize wasn't much to look at then, because it had
turned mostly green by that time.  It's presently an "All White" 10" X 10" Hosta
that just screams for attention in our garden.  I believe Bill and Carol said it
was a Sport of Undulata and that we'd love it next Spring...now that was
certainly an understatement!  Its to die for now...

I have to take a minute to encourage anyone reading this to send in your
registration for this year's First Look to be held July 17 & 18th in Schenectady,
NY right away.  It's going to be BIGGER and Better than ever with all kinds of
exciting activities already on the agenda!  The Contests, Speakers, Vendor's
Sales, Classes, Auction, Banquet, and of course the hospitality and
camaraderie are all first class!  And do I need to remind you about the Garden Tours
scheduled as part of the event??  (And YES I am tooting my horn...since our
Garden is featured this year as one to visit...but so far it really looks GREAT!!)

Don't miss out though and end up disappointed that you couldn't attend.
Registration is limited to the first 125 registrations that send in their $75...so
send in yours TODAY!!  For more information go to the following website:

Best wishes,
Dave Jennings
Glenville Gardens
Scotia, NY

David L. Jennings
20 Pine Street
Scotia NY 12302-2810
Cofounder and First President of the Upstate NY Hosta Society
Owner of Glenville Gardens, Popular and Exotic Hostas
Open by appointment only by calling us at (518) 393-0905
You may also make an appointment via E-mail