Re: Sport Terms Forum

Kay Dye
You asked several questions about sports from TC. The principle one
was...How can anyone be sure that in TC a sport will be obvious? Is it
posible that a TC sport occurs and will not be obvious to our eyes?

My Opinion...Yes. A mutation of genes on chromosomes in the nuclei of
cells could occur and create a sport...a silent sport. This is one we
don't "see" because it may occur on only one chromosome of a pair. Also
mutations of DNA in plastids may be silent. The same may apply to DNA in
mitochondria in cytoplasm of cells.

You raised several other questions on sports in early 1997 when Hosta-l
was still alive and thriving. I responded with two lengthy e-mail posts.
One was addressed specifically to you...the one of Mar. 30, 1997. I have
searched for them in my trashbin among 14,000 others and found them.
They are still appropos to our discussion so I will copy them in two
separate posts for those on this hosta-open forum who are interested.
Those not interested are invited to delete when