Re: H. 'Minuteman'

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

> Why is the subject hosta referred to as an"impoved" H. 'Patriot' ?
>
> I find it a poor grower; a Francee look-a-like; and it has the drawstring
> effect, to boot.
>
> Clyde Crockett z5
***********
Clyde
Several years ago, I planted the two , Minute Man and Patriot, side by
side.  I had seen Minute man as a small plant in several locations, as
well as dispalyed at the convention that year.  I was convinced there
was little or no difference.  The plants I had to plant were pretty
clost to the same size.  As time has gone by, I am more amd more
convinced that there is quite a bit of difference, both in flower and
form.  I really like Minute Man better  In my experience, it stands up
better.  Trouble is that's just what this is, my experience.  I have to
remind my self all the time that there is a lot of veriation in the way
a given hosta grows, in different situations.  Just my observation.
Ran