Re: Guardian Angel & Golds

In a message dated 5/16/1999 7:50:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
gretchen@NETWALK.COM writes:

<< It is a beauty. >>
 GA is indeed outstanding. I have a great pic of it in my garden---please eee
me privately if you want a jpeg. image. There is another with somewhat
similar subtle variegation---Regalia. Also, in another class, but subtle, is
Goldbrook Glimmer.
I would put Rascal in the same general category for subtle variegation.

The question on yellow/golds was to name those yellow/golds that come up
yellow/gold and are medium to large and stay yellow or gold and are NOT
(Saint Elmos Fire is certainly brilliant in the spring but it is variegated
and does not stay yellow.)
My list included: Sea Gold, Sea Nautilus, Abiqua Gold Shield, Abiqua Recluse,
Golden Torch, White Vision, Barbara White(S. Bond), longipes 'Aurea', Gold
Seer, and a few others. Avent's 'Sweet Tater Pie' is a brilliant yellow but I
would put it in the "small" class. My 'Queen Anne' fits the category. It is
not only gold but is a piecrust, to boot. ( It will be registered this year.)

'Sea Gold'  is one of the very few true gold-colored hostas I grow. (Thanks

What about 'Daybreak'? I have not grown that one in a number of years.I have
a pic of it at Wade's ==a brilliant gold.